My personal Narrative 1

 Hello Readers,

    Today I made a personal narrative and I wanted to share it with you. Please tell me how it is in the comment. Thank you!






✨Baking with the Baker✨

     "Come on, Anika, let's bake!" said mom. Hearing that, I was very excited. 


"This is going to be a super fun day!!" I screamed as I was running up from the playroom. I rushed to the kitchen, "Ok, so what are we going to bake, mom?" I said in my soft tone. 


Mom replied, "I don't know, there are so many options." Mom handed over the list, my eyes were wide open. At last, I found one, which I wanted to bake for a long time. 


       "Mom, let's bake chocolate chip cookies!" I yelled in excitement.   

I surfed the web for a recipe and finally identified a good youtube video. We gathered the materials. Everything was off to a good start until we accidentally put the chocolate chips before we put the flour and we mixed up half of the steps. "Whoops," I muttered to myself. I looked at my mom giving her a sign for help, but I don’t think she understood. 


"Well, this was the first time we were making cookies, so we could let it fly," said mom.  When we got to the oven part, we missed to place a foil on the baking tray; which resulted in hollow cookies, the dough dripped through the holes of the baking tray! 


“I told you, mom, to put the foil under the cookies,” I replied after I saw what happened.


You did?” My mom giggled with a confused look.


“Maybe, we should try again…” mom tried to assure me.


“Or maybe today is not the right day for cookies, I thought these cookies would bake perfectly fine, but they came out terrible” I wailed. I quickly walked upstairs to unwind. I read a book to cool me off. After I cooled off, I went back downstairs. I peeked before I went into the kitchen so I could see what was going on in the kitchen. Everything was fine, so I went into the kitchen. 2 minutes later my older brother Anish comes in. “He better not make my day worse” I muttered.


       "Uh, Oh!" My older brother walked in, he wanted to taste, but before he did, I showed him the hollow part, and he boomed, "No, Thank you!” 


Yup, he did make my day worse.You could be at least happy we tried,” I muttered.



The trash can enjoyed the cookies, “What a waste," I muttered under my breath. I asked my mom if we could try once more since we learned from our mistakes. 


Mom replied, "I have a friend, who is a baking professional, she can help us". 


The next day, we had a video call with the baker, and she took us step by step and made sure we didn't mess up anything. Beep-Beep, the oven went off, the smell made my tummy growl, and this time, the trash can was unlucky. That day we baked perfect chocolate chip cookies!!

                                  From,
                                         Your Favorite Blogger,
                                                                     Anika A 
   

Comments

Popular Posts

Good Books To read

What to do when you have nothing to do...

Welcome to my blog